Chocolate Chip Cookies (the secret is out...)


So there seems to be a collective belief that I have been keeping my chocolate chip cookie recipe a secret. Many have accused me of sabotaging the recipe I have given them. This is hardly the case. I must give credit to my sister, Rumnik, who is famous for these cookies and first introduced me to them when she made for the 2009 Toronto Sikh Retreat. I credit her for sharing this recipe with me and for all of you out there who have asked me countless times here it is….finally.


Ingredients:



* 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour


* 1 teaspoon baking soda


* 1/2 teaspoon salt


* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened


* 3/4 cup granulated sugar


* 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar


* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


* 2 eggs


* 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Chocolate Chips (Dark or Semi-Sweet…your choice)


* 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)


To change it up substitute 1 cup of chips for ¾ cup of Skor bits


Egg Substitute


1 tbsp alsi (ground flax seed) and 3 tbsp of hot water per egg let sit and thicken before adding to batter.


Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375°F.

2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.

3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy.

4. Add eggs/egg substitute; beat well.

5. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.

6. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.

7. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.


About 5 dozen cookies.


0 comments: